Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining traffic and attention through social media sites.
Social media is a term for sites that may provide radically different social actions. For example, Twitter is a social site designed to let people share short messages or updates with others. Facebook, in comparison is a full-blown social networking site that allows for sharing updates, photos, joining events and a variety of other activities.
How Are Search & Social Media Marketing Related?
Social media leads to the discovery of new content such as news stories, and “discovery” is a search activity. Social media can also help build links that in turn support into search engine optimization. Many people also do searches at sites to find social media content. Social connections may also impact the relevancy of some search results.
There are various sites which are used for social media marketing :
Social Media have various benefits in this business world:
- Increase brand awareness: To make an authentic and lasting brand awareness, one should avoid promotional messages rather focus on meaningful content and a strong brand personality through your social media marketing.
- Higher quality of sales: through social media targeting the right audience are pointed.
- In store sales: most of retailers rely on social media marketing efforts to make in-store sales. The current or new products added on the stores as well as the services already served is guided to the nearby targeted customers with the help of remarketing.
- Improve ROI: it helps in improving the return on investment by making the customer base regular.
- Create a loyal fan base: by getting good reviews on social media channel marketing can lead to make a loyal customer base.
- Current scenario in industry: the strategies of the competitors and all there is to know about the technical advancements to make the company grow is available through social media marketing.
What could be the goals of social media marketing:
- Growing the following or community (branding)
- Consistently making brand visible(branding)
- Connecting and engaging with the existing community of the industry (branding)
- Increasing the traffic to website (conversions)
- Generating high quality of leads (conversions)
- Getting more number of sales (conversions)
Every social media marketer knows importance of social media in business. But should also realize the importance of promoting the content via social media the right way. When you’re designing your social media marketing strategy, see to it that you’re not promoting just any content on any network. Your content needs to contribute value towards building the brand and adhere to the audience for that social media platform.